An unparalleled dedication to research and advanced engineering has created the ultimate in Model 3 spring technology. Every version of every spring we produce is specifically engineered for two distinct linear spring rates. This allows enhanced comfort (spring rate #1) paired with increased handling (spring rate #2).
One size does not fit all, we’ve engineered specific spring rates to more perfectly enhance the handling of each Model 3 variant. Enjoy the immediate benefits of improved comfort and handling, combined with a sporty ride height that reduces drag and increases range.
See why UP is the world’s #1 trusted Tesla tuner and enjoy the benefits of our continued dedication to Tesla R&D.
This ambitious engineering project began with a review of factory spring rates and led to a goal of the following:
- Target an increase in comfort in daily driving situations. Solution by studying factory spring rates and producing a softer but proportionate spring rate front and rear.
- Target an increase in performance when cornering. Solution by utilizing the highest technology partner and producing a secondary more sporty performance spring rate that engages when cornering g forces are loaded.
- Target an increase in range. Achieved by lowering the car as height is proven to correlate to aerodynamic efficiency.
- Every day improved performance at a significant value. Solution by producing in bulk volume in a direct manufacturer partnership produced to proprietary Unplugged Performance developed specifications.
WHY CHOOSE UNPLUGGED PERFORMANCE DUAL RATE LINEAR LOWERING SPRINGS?
Choosing UP dual rate linear springs means that you are able to enjoy a 15-30% softer spring rate around town than what is possible with low cost standard linear springs can provide with only one spring rate. After experiencing first hand, you’ll find that UP’s decision to take on the additional engineering work and production costs are well justified with UP dual rate linear springs because the technology allows for a softer ride than ever previously possible, all without giving up performance handling precision when it matters most. The primary spring rate (cruising around town over bumps and pot holes) is intentionally engineered to be as soft as possible for comfort. When the primary spring rate compresses under load (spirited driving conditions) the second spring rate transitions in. The second spring rate is typically 30% more firm and acts to reduce body roll, increase grip and enhance precision. By comparison, when using lower cost single rate linear springs there is only one defined spring rate and therefore it cannot be made as soft because there is no second transition rate to firm up when needed. Alternatively, by comparison with lower cost progressive springs they allow a continuous range of spring rates but do so without the predictability, confidence and planted feeling of linear single spring rates. Performance drivers for decades have always chosen linear springs, this product is uniquely a dual linear rate engineered spring to allow high performance and high comfort.
- Produced in an engineering partnership with Formula 1 and 50+ consecutive Indy car winning spring supplier HYPERCO
- Proven Dual Rate spring technology allows for best of both worlds. The car rides at noticeably softer spring rates around town. When sporty handling is desired, natural cornering g forces activate the spring’s 30% sportier secondary spring rate which reduces body roll and gives noticeable difference in both feel and handling at the limit
- Physics proven benefits of range efficiency by lowering center of gravity and reducing underbody air turbulence
- Mild provides nearest factory ground clearance and softest ride. Moderate provides a ground clearance equivalence to modern sports cars with slightly more comfort around town and sportier handling in corners. Low provides a ground clearance equivalence to modern hypercars with most firm of our spring options. Mild is approximately 0.7″ drop, Moderate is approximately a 1.5″ drop, Low is approximately a 2.1″ drop. * Drop measurements are relative to measurements of the factory Tesla Model 3 however from the factory we have seen different heights varying by 0.6” across different production dates, battery pack configurations, and tire sizes. Drop measurements are a general reference point to compare our springs across our lineup but cannot be exact in measurement due to various starting heights of factory car configurations.
- Designed, Engineered and Produced in America