For those looking to improve efficiency in every way possible, one of the most efficient methods is to reduce unsprung weight. (Unsprung weight or unsprung mass is the weight that is not supported by the suspension of the vehicle. For example, components such as the wheels, wheel axle(s), wheel bearings, wheel hubs, lug nuts, tires, a portion of the weight of the driveshaft, springs, dampers, and brake systems.) Removing unsprung weight can offer a myriad of improvements, some of which include better steering feel and more efficient transfer of motor power to the pavement!
In our never-ending effort to remove weight from Tesla vehicles, and thus improve range and performance, we created our Superlight Titanium Lug Nut Set. Produced completely from 64-grade titanium for impressive durability and weight savings, the Unplugged Performance Superlight Titanium Lug Nuts save 46% of weight versus the OEM steel lug nuts.
- Produced from 100% 64 Grade Titanium
- 46% weight savings over the original Model S and Model X steel lug nuts
- Identical conical design as Tesla OEM to maximize contact between lug nuts and wheels. Other aftermarket lug nuts have a generic conical shape and very little surface area contact between nut and wheel which is potentially dangerous.
- Compatible with all Tesla wheels for Model S, 3, X, and Y.
- Accepts all variations of OEM Model S & Model X plastic lug nut caps, Model 3 Aero wheel covers and Aero Wheel Caps, Model 3 19″/20″ and caps, Model Y wheel caps.
- Optional “Burnt Titanium” has unique a blue-purple-gold rainbow hue only found on heated titanium alloy.
- Optional Black DLC (Diamond-like-coating) is an incredibly hard protective coating found on high-end luxury titanium watches.