Run cooler. Run longer. The Enduro Drive Unit Oil Cooler and Magnetic Filter is a direct replacement of the factory oil filter on Model 3 and Model Y drive units. Drive unit cooling capacity is increased by utilizing an efficient radial finned design combined with an approximately 10% higher capacity enclosure. Motor life is further safeguarded by utilizing dual magnetic media debris catches to extract metal shavings from the drive unit. The oil filter is a larger capacity and uprated 5 Micron filter. The net result is a drive unit that can run cooler and also run cleaner with less metal debris. As used on the Unplugged Performance Pikes Peak Model 3 which also broke EV production car-based lap records at Laguna Seca and Buttonwillow Raceway.
Metal Debris and Drive Unit Maintenance for Longevity:
Challenge: During product research, Tesla drive unit oil was sent out for 3rd party independent analysis. The sample oil was from a completely stock 5,000-mile street drive Model 3 SR+. The conclusion by 3rd party testing company Cavpower Pty Ltd indicated “Aluminum levels are elevated” and recommended immediate oil change. The test results are below.
Solution: A magnetic filter is integrated into the oil filter to catch and easily remove the metal shavings
Enhanced Drive Unit Cooling:
The oil cooler design is optimized for each drive unit to provide maximum volumetric sizing. A cooling efficient radial fin design is implemented to the billet aluminum machined unit, which is then finished in a heat-efficient hard-anodized treatment. As a result of the design, there is more fluid capacity and better thermal characteristics than the oil filter it replaces.
Designed To Last:
The design is destined for lifetime use on the vehicle. The internal oil filter is easily replaceable during standard intervals and widely available worldwide. Usability is kept in mind including a convenient drain plug for quick sampling of oil.
- Larger capacity internal filter area with 5 Micron filter media improvement over factory
- Utilizes K&N filtration technology. K&N filter is easily replaced and sourced.
- K&N Replacement Part #KN-155 for Front (smaller unit)
- K&N Replacement Part #KN-650 for Rear (bigger unit)
- High capacity (approx 10% additional) power-unit fluid volume
- Internal dual ‘Magnetic Media’ debris catch
- Radial Cooling Fin Heat-sink Design for maximum heat transfer
- Conventional Drain Plug for ‘quick sampling’
- Billet aluminum construction
- Hard-anodized in black for maximum heat rejection